View Single Post
Old
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
I will be perfectly honest with you, I had my concerns with Richards being named captain. Actually, "concerns" is probably the wrong word. My take is that I would have been perfectly content with Timonen receiving the "C", and giving Richards more time before assuming the responsibility. That would have made sense to me, and I would have been OK with that scenario.

But the fact is that Flyers felt it was Richards' time, and they know better than the rest of us, or at least they should.

I respect your opinion that you believe that Richards didn't "earn" the captaincy, I just disagree with it. But you've taken enough bashing in here, and your assessment of the situation is as valid as anyone elses, whether we agree or not.
i apreciate you respecting my opinion, this thread makes me look like i dont like richards, and thats not true at all i really like him and the way he plays. i think he is a great leader and will be even better but i dont think he should have gotten it in his 4th season. AND i dont think parise should have a letter either, even if he were on the flyers and vice versa, i dont think richards should have a letter on the devils. but thats a different argument which i dont want to get involved in