Thread: U-17 Tournament
View Single Post
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
vCash: 500
U-17 Tournament

Who are the big names (from all countries) that are expected to be at the U-17 tournament this dec/jan while the U20 WJHC is going on? I am pretty sure Taylor Hall will make the U20 but what about the other big prospects around his age?

Will guys like Bubnick, Kane and Ferraro be at this tourney, do they stand a chance at making the U20 or are they stuck somewhere in the middle and will just remain with their club teams? anyone who is 17 at the start of the U-17 is eligible correct? that is why I am including 91 borns in this discussion because they would all be 17.

What about Finns like Rajala, Pulkkinen, Haula and Granlund? the 91 borns Rajala and Haula would seem less likely to play at this tourney and more like to play at the U20, or in Haula's case stay with Shattuck, but I don't really have a gauge for what the Finns like to do with their younger prospects.

I've read the Kabanov discussion in the other thread and it will be interesting to see if he makes the U20 russian team.

I would expect John McFarland to be here and to rip it up.

What about guys like Cam Fowler, Brandom Gormley, Ben Duffy, Mark Pysyk, Quinton Howden, Ryan Spooner, Luke Moffat? Will they all be there?

Any other big name propsects I am missing? Let me know everyone you are excited about seeing at this tournament.

crthomp is offline   Reply With Quote