View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
LesCanadiens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Did you watch the playoffs? Carbo got outcoached by Julien, stretching a 5 game series to 7... and in turn getting the piss beaten out of us physically by Lucic and others in a pair of extra games that we didn't need to play.

By the time Philly rolled around, our D was playing like a pack of beaten dogs with their tails between their legs.

The record needs to be set straight with Boston and we need to get them back into their trend of running around looking for blood... because right now they're just gonna trap the **** out of us and win 2-1.
I'll bite. I watched....and blaming any of our performance on Carbos coaching is laughable. Question is, did you watch? We were OUTMUSCLED!! That's why the series went 7. Carbo can't coach balls, character and brawn. Stop blaming the coaches and realize the fact that our team did not step up to compete physically...they did not play playoff hockey...the likes of Pleks, Markov, Kovalev, AK, SK etc. either did not step up to the physical demands of playoff hockey, or took retaliatory penalties because they were getting hit all series long.

Same thing happened with Philly. It's got nothing to do with Carbos coaching. I could only wish Carbo could inject in them 30% of the balls, resilience, discipline and will to win that he, Gainey, Muller and Jarvis had as players.

We need to get another player or 2 that is willing to pay the price, and go through a wall to get to the net!