View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 11:38 AM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It just never ends. True that we shouldn't expect Lucic to go with Laraque. Still if some Bruins fans would have admit that Komi going with Lucic LAST YEAR was just as bad as a trade Lucic going with Laraque THIS YEAR, we wouldn't be here.
This was always one of the things I made fun of Bruins fans for. Habs fans would explain that Komi was our 2nd defenceman and that trading him off for an energy player from the B's was not a good idea. Plus there was the risk of injury. Then, a B's fan would respond with:

"Komisamuellson is a *****. He's scared of LOOCH. Komisicknov needs to grow a set and man up. USA, USA, USA!!! LOOOOOOOOCH!!!" I might be generalizing a bit, but I'm not too far off.

It drove me nuts, but at least they were the ones embarrasing themselves. Now, I'm starting to see the same thing from our side. Everybody knows that Lucic is becoming an impact player on their team. He's undoubtedly way more valuable to the B's then Laraque is to the Habs, yet since the 6-1 game I've seen so much of "Lucic's afraid. He has to man-up. Blah, blah blah."

I thought it would end with a Komi-Lucic throwdown, but it just came back stronger than ever. The only difference is, now the Habs fans' argument is the one that makes no sense.

I think that eventually, the only way to settle it will be to have every Habs HF boarder's dad fight every Bruins HF boarder's dad. That's where it's heading.