View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
Headcoach, so this is for a rink in SCottsdale then? It's purely anecdotal, but when I've gotten up to play at 7 am, I've noticed the ice is the best when it's so bloody cold outside I wished I had stayed in bed. How much does the outside temp help in keeping the ice in a good condition?

If you are in SCottsdale, I would be curious to see how different things are in AZ vs here in Canada. If you are of a mind, could you PM me some details of where you are located? My wife and I will be there for a week in january. If she doesn't mind, we may just stop by. I'd be curious to see what kind of challenges a desert rink has over one here.
Well, to be honest, my home is in Scottsdale, but I work 45 mins. south of Chicago. This is where I run the rink.

As far as temperture in the desert. It really makes a compressor run. But, the ice cost in Arizona is $425.00 an hour. This will help pay for that hardness. How much does it cost to rent the ice in your area?

I bought my house in Scottsdale just 2 mins. away from the Phoenix Coyote practice rink. It's located in North Scottsdale off of east Bell. You are welcome to stop in and check it out. It's a pretty nice state-of-the-art rink that stays pretty cool in the desert. You can check out the hours here: http://www.coyotesice.com/home.php

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote