View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
8BostonRocker24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
Komi should be the one who fights Lucic!!
Absolutely no question about it.
Komi is 6'4" and 240lbs! He should fight his own battles! If not, IMO, he'll lose alot of the respect he has gotten throughout the league. Every team will take liberties with him. He has to get back his pride and send a message to the Bruins as well as the rest of the league that he is still a force to be reckoned with.
It's a no lose situation...if he loses then he loses, nothing changes. But if he wins, it literally could turn the team around and get them back playing the style of hockey we expect..
I, for one, would be embarrassed as a Hab fan if BGL went with Lucic. And if I were Mike Komisarek, I'd be emabarrassed if someone else fought my battles for me.
It's the perfect time for Komi to show his metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
I'd sooner see Komi fight Lucic and lose than BGL fight Lucic and win.
As another poster eluded to, BGL don't fight crazy, he fights like a gentleman. Lucic will not be bothered by that. He's too tough. Also, Lucic will not be expected to win so, in my estimation, it will give the Bruins a bigger lift if he does drops them with BGL regardless of the outcome. And god forbid if Lucic gets lucky and wins (which could very likely happen), then it will be an even bigger boost to the Bruins and their fans.
It would mean a hell of a lot more if Komi exacted his own revenge on Lucic.
Can you imagine the noise in the Bell Centre if Komi takes down Lucic?
It's things like this that change the tide of a season, let alone a single game!
You Sir, are Old-School. If you are ever in Boston drop me a PM and I will buy you a beer.