View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Kalcon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
To answer the bolded, sure. I could also imagine the lack of noise if (when) Komisarek lost against Lucic on home ice.

There's too much of a discrepancy in fighting talent between the two. Talk all you want about which one is stronger or tougher in a hockey setting, but when the gloves are off my money's on Lucic 9 times out of 10, and the last thing the team would need is to take the crowd out of the game. Especially considering how Montreal's low confidence is contrasted by the fact that the Bruins are soaring right now.

As for the original question, I don't think Lucic would do too bad against Laraque, but if they do drop them, it should get the crowd going no matter what the outcome (if Lucic gets the decision, I doubt it would be lopsided enough to sap the energy from the crowd/team). The only issue is getting Lucic to accept the challenge, something I suspect may not happen.
This is exactly why Komi should fight Lucic!! The Habs confidense and intensity levels have been diminished over the last 5-6 games so they need something like this to snap them out of their funk. They can't get any worse!
Komisarek is considered a leader. He has to be the guy who strikes fear into the other team's players. And it's very hard to do that if you don't fight your own battles. He has to answer the bell and show the everyone that he has some pride. Komi should have a lot more motivation to win than Lucic. I'm sure Komi also knows that the fight would not have been as bad had he not injured himself.
If I were Komisarek, I'd definitly be looking for a chance to redeem myself.
And what better stage that Saturday night at the Bell Centre with 21000 faithful cheering you on! Win or lose it will send a message!