View Single Post
Old
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
They have a very strong PP, but they don't seem to live and die by it. That would be the biggest difference between the two teams. Plus I think Julien has a much more disciplined structure put in place which means they will probably stay among the leaders in terms of goals against in the league. Even if they get a few injuries they should be able to keep up their strong defensive game.

They probably won't continue to score as many goals, but I don't foresee much of a decline in their defensive play if everyone stays healthy. (Though at the same time I do expect Thomas' SV% to come back down eventually.) But 3.21g/g is not something I see continuing for the entire year.

Remember last year they had a rash of injuries which prevented from playing to their full potential. This year they are a strong and healthy team with a good corp of young players and they've made some additions that have really helped the team. Wheeler has been big for them. That's a guy who can come in and contribute in your top 9. Ryder is an upgrade over Murray. Bergeron is healthy. Right there you have depth they couldn't rely on last year. Then you have Kreiji and Lucic breaking out offensively. Good for them, they've drafted well and put together a strong, well balanced team. Let's make sure we win on Saturday.

But most importantly they are getting contributions from everyone. That is probably the biggest comparison you can make with the 07-08 Habs. It's much easier to win when you have your scoring spread around. And with 9 forwards and the dmen contributing to the scoring, it's much harder to stop the Bruins this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I find it amazing that as Bruins fans we can come on here and be polite and yet get faced with reading crap like this...
The poster you quoted could perhaps have chosen his words better, but all he meant to say was the PJ doesn't hide the fact that he's pro-Bruins on a Montreal radio station. Obviously this rubs some people the wrong way. I'm sure if the situations were reversed such a radio host wouldn't be too popular in Boston. Either way, PJ is paid to push people's buttons but in this case his point about Kovalev was correct. He's been turning the puck over far too often and despite his decent point totals his overall play hasn't been overly impressive.

Last edited by Quiet Robert: 11-19-2008 at 11:13 PM.