View Single Post
Old
11-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
that Komi can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.
There's an unwritten code...or at least there was...if you're big, hit hard and play a rough, in-your-face style of game then you will have to answer the bell at certain times. Time for Komi to man up. These are the Bruins for god sake! Fights are expected! Set the tone instead waiting for the tone to be set. Be the leader that is expected of him. If he doesn't do that then, I for one, will lose a lot of the respect I have for him.
But he is walking the walk. He hits and accept being hit. He talks but he's being talked back. He slashes, and he's being slashed. Most of the time he's going to respond failry to any hits he'll be having against him. And like some have said, how many times have you seen Scott Stevens fight? As far as "manning" up, I think that with the numerous shot blocked, with the numerous hits he's taking from Lucic and other tough guys in the league, don't worry. He's already twice the man me and you put together will ever dream to be....As far as the Bruins and fights are expected....don't worry....they're just started to realize that they actually could play good hockey and win.....fights will take a backseat at one point....

As far as being the leader, again, if fights are abolish, and if it's your only way to see who's a leader and who's not, how will we know? Is Koivu a leader? He's showing it his way. But Komi is not a leader 'cause he doesn't fight? Putting his body in front of pucks, being tough, and doing his job for me is enough to call him a leader. If he wants to fight, well fine, take the men that non-fighters take. Is Aaron Ward tough? I would think so.....but would he fight a guy like Lucic? Those guys should take big guys that are not necessarily known for their fighting 'cause they are not as well. So sure, he'll answer the call.....but I hope he'll be wise enough to answer the right call....Lucic wants to play a bully role....how about knocking him cold. He's not exactly the perfect example of a guy who has always his head up.....O'Byrne should man up and start hitting for a change....and knocking Lucic on his ass (with a legal check) would be manning up....

And then if fighting is only what will make keeping your respect for Komi....well you don't appreciate what a real hockey player is....or you're looking it at a Bruins perspective when the only thing they were winning were fights.....now that they're winning games and they're establishing themselves as one of the best teams in the league, you'll see how fast they'll sing other tunes....You'll see how winning fights won't be good enough now that they know that they can actually go real far this year....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-20-2008 at 08:10 AM.