View Single Post
Old
11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
What I don't understand? Read my post again and you'll see I do. I don't think he should be playing a regular shift anymore.. I don't mind him as a #7 (but we didn't need him because of Dandenault).

Like McPhee said above, where are you finding this huge Carbo/Briesbois friendship. They played like.. 1-2 years together. Brisebois was golfing with Bob Gainey when he spoke to him about a return, not Carbo.

I also highly disagree with the last point. I don't think they owe it to him to let him get 1,000 games. But they do owe him something.. Minus 2 years, the guy is a lifelong Hab. He also showed by coming back that Montreal IS the place to be .. that might help with potential UFAs. They don't owe him games.. but they do owe him something.

Plus, Montreal is the only team without a defensive coach.. Brisebois will be there, if he wants it next year.
Now don't you see bigger problems with the Organization based on a post like that?

1. Only team without a defensive coach. Only candidate at this time appears to be Brisebois.

2. This Carbo/Brisebois friendship is based on what I know. Take it or leave it. Or you can look at it from the "I guess the coach doesn't have the balls to tell the GM that he needs a competent d-man with size and endurance".... two offseasons in a row.

3. They don't owe him 1000 games, like you said, and they also don't owe him a spot on the team. They could give him a ceremony once he retires... but as far as anything on-ice related, they owe him absolutely nothing. What they're doing right now is setting a terrible example.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote