View Single Post
Old
11-20-2008, 11:41 PM
jnthomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Well I for one was pretty happy with this game. I liked how the center played closer to the D on the breakout, providing another option than the bomb pass (which has failed so much this year). Obviously that also means less odd man rushes, but we get less turn overs, which probably benefits us more at this point and time. Once the boys get their confidences back, I'm guessing we'll see more odd man rushes.

Also, I was actually happy with Kovalev tonight. Unlike most of the games so far this season, he did not seem to try to do everything on his own. That being said, Higgins really hurt that line, as often he dumped and chased the puck when either Plek or Kovalev was open for a good pass to get into the zone. Seeing that, I'd love to have Latendresse on that line. Speed might be an issue, but Guy seems to do a lot of back checking and a lot of nice (short) passes to his linesmate, which could work well with Plek and Kovalev.

Sergei played a good game. Andrei was stuck on the left again. Everytime he waas dangerous he was coming in on the right side (come on Carbo, you have to see that by now).

I loved how Price came back after his bad goal. That has been a major knock on him so far, seems to have a hard time getting his focus after giving up a softie, but tonight he was stellar.

My hero of the night though is Georges. That kid is gold. GOLD! I'd love to see him paired up with Hamrlik when Komo comes back. Let Bouillion and O'Byrne play very few minutes as the last pairing.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote