View Single Post
Old
11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
eph1413*

vCash: 500
Not sure of the deadline, might even be January 1st or December 15th (not sure), but anybody NOT under K with an NHL team by then must clear waivers to play in the NHL if coming from a European league. IF you have been loaned to a European team and have an NHL K, waivers aren't necessary.
Example, Carl Soderberg could join the Bruins after the Swedish season without waivers (but I don't think he's ever coming over), while Jagr would have to clear unless he has a huge change of heart in the next month that Omsk is cool with.
On the topic, I can't understand comments from this board saying they were never fans of Jagr. I think I remember him almost singlehandely bringing your team back to the playoffs for the 1st time in 9-10 years then getting screwed out of the MVP award. I understand not wanting him this year, but NEVER a fan? Not a rangers fan but I thought he was good for the Rangers and the NHL in 05-06 after the lockout. I like characters in this league and my favorite city and I like Jags in NY.

Last edited by eph1413*: 11-21-2008 at 02:24 PM.
eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote