View Single Post
Old
11-21-2008, 05:47 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
I agree. And that's one thing I will put the blame on Sather for. I mean Neil Smith understood that. And that's why we had guys like Beukeboom and Samuelsson and Lidster and Lowe on our blue line during his tenure.(generously overlooking the additions of guys like Quintal and Lefebvre for the sake of argument). It wasn't til Slats got here that we had to deal with the likes of Poti and Ozo and the counteless other clowns who were meant to be puck movers. It's a lil disturbing with Rozsi Redden and Kalinin signed long term and our only real defensive prospects being guys who are of the same mold- Sangs and Del Zotto....It's a shame Dave Liffiton couldn't have progressed more...
I personally thought that bringing in Commodore at 6'5" 230lbs couldn't have hurt this team. He's obviously big, tough, can hit hard, will drop the gloves and help the team protect their cornerstone of the franchise. I mean at the very least what about Kurt Sauer who went and signed with Columbus I believe? While we're waiting for his younger brother Michael to prove he can stay healthy and be a stud back there on the blue line, we couldn't use his 6'4" 220lbs hard hitting older brother? This guys not afraid to drop the gloves either. Heck, Slats could've picked up both of these guys and without Rozival and Redden and a tougher Mara, Girardi and Staal this could have been a really tough defensive squad for any team to deal with.

We're too weak. We don't intimidate opposing teams top forward enough and are not getting out of the East this year. You're absolutely correct. You need to have a Beukeboom in there to basically send the message that their will not be any garbage going on or guys like semin running into our best player in the goal crease.

We wouldn't even have a need for Orr really anymore as well. Thus giving us a fourth line just as good as the third. IMO, much better team. Disagree?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote