View Single Post
Old
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
No one is going to be stupid enough to trade for Redden and his contract. Maybe they can find someone dumb enough to swindle with Gomez, but it won't happen.
That's a ridiculous statement. I'd bet my left nut that Columbus (and probably the likes of teams like Atlanta, Florida and maybe a few others - essentially teams that have major troubles attracting free agents) would take either one of Redden or Rozsival's contracts off our hands in the blink of an eye.

How quickly we forget that Columbus actually offered Redden an even larger contract, he simply didn't want to go there, and who could blame him?

Salaries can be moved, and our key pieces to be resigned are all RFAs, not UFAs, so there's really no problem, and I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Anyone who actually took the time to read the article would see that they're saying the teams' cap space wouldn't change, that each individual player's salary would take a hit as a result, relative to the percentage of his team's total salary cap amount.

Dubinsky won't just "refuse" to sign, as someone stated earlier, he's an RFA, what's he going to do? Go ahead, let some desperate GM offer him a $5mil+ contract, I'll take the picks.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote