View Single Post
Old
11-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Same. I was expecting him to take some time getting back into it and then maybe midway through the season we'd see the Gagne of old if he didn't suffer a setback. I did not expect new and improved Super Gagne.
I would expect him to hit a wall at some point where the fact that he was off for so long will catch up with his body and he'll have to gut through it for a bit. This season is so tough on these guys physically, it's hard to imagine him not having that problem at some point.

He's also benefiting from the early season incohesiveness that really favors fast players who can take advantage of chaos...which will slow him down somewhat as things coalesce.

One thing is for certain, our ability to score shorthanded is going to freak teams out if it keeps up, and with Richards, Gagne, and Carter all out there with speed at the top to go the other way...teams are going to be very careful, which will hinder their scoring ability against us.

As to tonights game...it has trap game written all over it after getting out of dodge last night. A Western team...not a lot of animosity btwn them. It will be interesting what type of energy we come out with.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote