View Single Post
Old
11-22-2008, 03:16 PM
yohan1212

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I just realized how long we've waited to be in such a a situation. During the dark years (coincidentally post-33), we wouldn't have given a damn about a game like this (people were wearing paper bags over their heads ffs). For most of my generation ~25 years old, it's been a bitter Montreal winter as far as hockey is concerned until the past few years.

Finally we are the team to beat and our arch rivals (including the Leafs) will go ******* and think they have landed on Mars even if they win one game in 12 and will hoist a nobody to the heavens for goading an elite player of ours into a fight and "winning" (after a week doesn't look as convincing)!

The pressure of being the favourites is something VERY foreign to most of us and you know what, for all the sickness it causes in my gut and the nerves and the intensity, this is EXACTLY what we want. This is exactly what hockey is about and what being a die-hard (can there be another type?) fan of the Montreal Canadiens is about. It's about rising above the hard times and into our glorious place in history and there's not a better player to exemplify that for us than St. Patrick. I hope Carey takes it all in and we one day see 31 hanging next to 33.

GO HABS GO!
Favorites?? u must be a bruins fan right?? J/K anyways anyone have montreals lineup for tonight or has it not been decided yet? Thanks!