View Single Post
Old
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Richter35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i hope sather knows what he is doing........

the top priorities this upcoming offseason, IMO are the following:

dubinsky, zherdev, callahan, korpikoski, mara, betts, orr and sjostrom......

to me, everyone else would just be an added bonus to keep around......players like fritsche, sjostrom, prucha, kalinin and valliquette could all either be replaced for cheaper than what they will get or from within......

therefore the lines with those players resigned would lok something like this

naslund-gomez-callahan
drury-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-_______-voros
orr-betts-sjostrom
_____

staal-mara
redden-girardi
rozsival-_____
_____

hank
____

with the following cap numbers for the RFA's and UFA's:
zherdev(4.5)
dubinsky(2)
callahan(1)
betts(.75)
orr(.75)
mara(2.5)
korpikoski(1)
sjostrom(1)

the total payroll would come out to 53.65881......

considering we are taking this article to be fact and the total cap is going to decrease to 54 million there needs to be a move made.....

i would imagine a couple of players from hartford would seriously battle for a roster spot next season....

anisimov
sanguinetti
potter
sauer

considering they will need at least three spots filled, one on defense and two on offense i would imagine anisimov getting the third line center spot and potter or sanguinetti to get the last defense spot......just adding those two players to that cap puts them over by almost 2 million......seems to me that either rozsival would need to go, or mara wont be resigned and sanguinetti AND potter would be making the team next season
I'm with you on a lot of that but I think that korpi will be making a little less, and the rest I hope they dont get paid anymore or we're screwed. I hope that rozy can start sucking less so we can trade him for something, girardi can more or less do what he's supposed to do for 1.5mill. Next summer is going to be really interesting, especially if we don't make as much noise in this years playoffs like we should. I could see Renney getting the can/being moved upstairs and a new coach coming in with a different approach, probably necessitating different kinds of players.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote