View Single Post
Old
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Magic33

vCash: 500
Got back from the game not to long ago. Its different watching in person, a lot more things to look at. Here are some things i noticed:

- The bruins went with a 1-2-2 forcheck. Most of the time, our D had no one to pass to, and had to fire a pass for a tip into the bruins zone. This is why you saw Markov often curl back behind our net. They didn't let us skate it into their zone, which is one of our strengths.

- They played pretty hard, it just seems like they are missing small, but key things. Example: skating over the puck. I noticed a lot of times our guys would pick up speed, only to miss the puck. It is a small thing, but taking the time and focus to pick up the puck and continue skating is important. Its the little things that make the difference.

- Lastly, our D is struggling. When most people think of Defensemen, they think of how a guy plays in our zone, and on a one on one etc. However, it is much more than that. It is about making a good first pass, playing the body, skating the puck when needed, clearing the zone etc. Tonight, O'Byrne did none of that. He constantly missed checks, no tape to tape passes, got dangled on Lucic's goal and was lost out there. I think we need another offensively capable D-Man.

All in all, entertaining game, the ceremony was awesome and the boys played hard. Hopefully they get a win on monday.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote