View Single Post
Old
11-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchandgrab View Post
Gotcha, cool. I think (hope?) that if Carbo uses this same technique next time around Lucic will handle it differently. Not necessarily take the fighting bait, but will maybe lure Laraque into bad positions, opening up his linemates to make plays. Sort of play the role of decoy to an extent. Lucic is the better skater (not that he's the fastest guy in the world), so he can afford to draw Georges away and then be able to jump back into the play, leaving Laraque in the dust. Who knows? I guess we'll see another interesting chapter next meeting no matter what. No matter how it plays out, it's sure to be "interesting" LOL
Exactly the kind of tactic I'd suggest for Lucic to get Laraque to draw penalties and/or create space for his linemates. A sudden burst of speed or a quick change of direction could cause Laraque to take a hooking or a holding penalty. Though to be fair, Laraque has been very smart about bad penalties and isn't the type of tough guy who falls into that kind of game. (He has taken 2 minor pens. in 11 games this year. By contrast, Godard has 8 in 20, Peters has 7 in 16 etc...By and large it's fair to say that Laraque doesn't take many bad penalties.)

Still, it would be a worthwhile tactic. If Lucic can play high energy shifts and force BGL to chase him around, by the 3rd period he could be able to create room for himself and his linemates.

Either way, as you said the next battle should be really interesting.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote