View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayyou1000 View Post
I mean come on we have a spot for him on Carter's line. Plan was to let him get his confidence up in the AHL which he's producing in and then call him up. We've got a spot on Carter's line for sure. Send Nodl down or to the fourth line and lets see what the kids got! You've guys got to agree with all these young kids staying in the NHL it's time for Giroux's shot! It can't hurt and he'll be playing with carter so he ll get 15+ minutes and carter's on a tear so it will be a big confidence boost for him!

Nodl has been good defensively but ehh rather unimpressive on the offensive side of things.

WE WANT GIROUX

Gange-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Asham-Metro-Cote

Carle-Coburn
Kimmo-Parent/Jones
Vanannen-Sbisa

Talk about depth!

Those are almost the exact lines I wanted during the offseason (I had Gagne-Briere-Hartnell and Knuble-Richards-Lupul), but Giroux didn't wow us the way we thought he would. He needs some time. Knuble and maybe one other forward will probably be gone this offseason, so he can fight for a spot for next year, along with JVR and a Phantom or two. Let's NOT rush our guys for once. This team is starting to find its identity.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote