View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Stepan Razor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was try to get the fans up during the game while many others were sitting on their duffs watching in peace. I remember one of his first games, if not the first one, about 12-13 years ago against Buffalo. The crowd went nuts and the Rangers chants started again and the building was alive again. I'm not into the crappy music being played at the arenas these days (crappy in my opinion that is), I'm not into cheesiness, but at the same time, often something needs to be done to get the fans going and he had a knack for a while of doing that. He thinks he's a celebrity? Fine, who cares if he can get the fans going at a game.

And as to Squishy's point - yeah, a guy walking around in a headress having everyone bang his tom tom was cool back in the day. I miss the Chief.
Yeah, Larry started in 97-98 (and so did the homo larry chants, in section 407). For awhile I blamed him for our 7 year playoff-less drought.

For the record I find the "Potvin Sucks" and subsequent "So do you" chants way more annoying than Larry.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote