View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Either way it's not a win...you really improve your top 4 on defense, but you create a hole at center. Instead of 3 quality offensive lines you suddenly have Lapierre on your 3rd line? Lang is doing fine on the 3rd line, but as a 2nd line guy he's not that great. Plus the only way JB signs an extension now is for big money(6.5/year minimum for 5-7 years). That puts you in a tough spot with Komisarek Kovy Koivu Tanguay, your defense suddenly eats up half your cap if you don't let Komi walk.

I don't see gainey making that trade.

I believe Mike Komisarek just lowered his value/worth with his play this year and the fact that he MIGHT not be as tough as we thought.

Markov is signed for awhile

Gorges is a bargain

Hammer is signed for a respectable price for 2 more years

Boullion is solid but possibly high for 1.9$ but not far off.

Komo should not get 6-7 mill in my opinion. If he was a THE BEAST we all thought he was or was going to become, he would stand up for his teammates more often. But, unfortunetly, not everyone can hold his own with the NHL heavyweights, but Komo was very weak in all or most of his fights in his career. So far, nobody should be afraid of Komo anymore.....

I love the guy, but, I'm just not afraid of him. minus at least 1 mil$ in his next contract.

I know you will all say that some other GM WILL give him that extra Mil$ so we better pay.....you might be right, I just wanted to point it out.

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote