View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 01:54 PM
nas26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
It seems like alot of people underrate Pleks' real value.. He is one of the most complete centers in the league.. Give him another winger than Kovalev and watch him shine..

Sometime it looks like the fans want this team to look like a country club, just like the NY Rangers of some years ago.. Strange but since Jagr isnt there anymore this team looks more composed and tougher to play against..
I really like Plekanec, and am not eager to see him traded by any means, but to say that he is one of the most complete centres in the league is probably overrating him. He is good, but as has been shown so far this year, if Kostitsyn and [especially] Kovalev are not playing up to snuff, his game suffers. He just does not have the physical attributes to impose his will on a regular basis....

As for Bouwmeester, I'd be surprised if he even wanted to re-sign in Montreal. Hell, he might want to go join one of the Alberta teams. But he would be a huge addition for any potential cup run and, in my mind, the biggest weakness on this team right now is true NHL caliber depth on defence. The Habs cannot continue to run Brisebois and O'Byrne out there for more than 12-15 minutes a game. They are just not smart enough or strong enough defensively....

The key to trading Plekanec would have to be how comfortable Gainey and Carbonneau would be slotting Chipchura in as the third line centre. He has been stellar in the AHL and is probably close to ready.

nas26 is offline   Reply With Quote