View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM
lundy30

vCash: 500
Trades-Cap-Depth !

For the past few months I've been reading these trade proposals and almost none of them make sense. I know it's all for fun and are nothing but speculations. If we stop and think for a moment...the NyR are going to have a problem trading Prucha, Dawes, Fritsche, Rissmiller.

As for Sanguinetti and Anisimov, Korpikoski... sure they have good upsides but they are unproven and only rebuilding teams would have interest in.

I think they're asking about Dubinsky, Staal, Girardi, Callahan, (perhaps) Rozsiwal but then again the length of his contract makes it a little unappealing.

So fans want a good player in return then we have to give something good in return. Who's left?? Lundqvist is not going anywhere...Dubinsky is the only young top 6 forward that we've produced in a while. He's gritty, young, plays on PP and he occasionally fights. Zherdev will either strive in NY or play himself out of NY. That leaves GOMEZ or DRURY. For Gomez we'd get a lot more in return and that is the only realistic player the Rangers can trade in order to land a scoring winger and get a depth defenceman in return.

Also trading Gomez would ease down our cap situation.

So it's Dubinsky, Staal, Drury, Gomez and perhaps Rozsiwal, Callahan (in package deal). Make your choice.

lundy30 is offline   Reply With Quote