View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 04:10 PM
ToTheNet

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Richard's line and Carter's line can match-up with any line in the NHL and be able to keep those lines in check defensively. They are also extremely offensive and makes the other team try and put their best checkers out against them. Our 4th line is fairly capable of being a competent checking line going out there for 8-10 minutes, especially with Metro back there.

Upshall-Briere-Lupul would be a perfect line to send out there and cause havoc for other teams. . . ok you want to put your first line out there with them? Fine . . . we'll be glad to send out Carter or Richards against your 3rd line. I think Lupul and Upshall would love to take on more responsibility against better opponents and throw bodies around and score.

I'm not saying it as a lasting solutions, but briere is now going to be coming off two injuries, in the span of a few weeks. Give him less 5 on 5 time, but also give him two guys who can create space for him by throwing the body around, while also being good scorers. I think Briere will be able to jumpstart Lupul.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote