View Single Post
Old
11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
jacK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post
My own tweaks.
Lewis was one of the good ol' boys, and his style was doomed for failure. the stark contrast from Bowman's style (with which we had much success) should have been a red flag, but we learned the hard way (as did Boston) he's not head coach material.

Lilly's new contract is responsible for hindering the development of many of our prospects. not only has he bumped Big E, Meech, and Q down the depth chart (or out of town), but with his cap hit vs Q or Meech [slightest of downgrades, if at all, but been there, argued that], we're not able to call up Helm or Leino to fill in when Cleary gets an eye infection, or Franzen tweaks his knee, or Homer's back flares up. instead we've got a 7-years-past-prime McCarty, and/or our runt extra d-man filling out our forward lines.
i have less of a problem with his first three years here, and i know he's having a decent year, but i still think he's costing us more than he's earning us.

Q didn't necessarily have to be better than Big E, E was getting sent down no matter how well he did in camp. now, not only is Q showing how wrong people here were about him w/ LA, but Meech & Lebda are hammering home the point by stinking up the joint.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote