View Single Post
Old
11-25-2008, 12:55 AM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's on pace for 29 goals right now...and had a beauty setup earlier.

People too often forget that good goal-scorers below the "elite" level have a tendency to be streaky. Gagne does the same type of crap. Maybe Lupul isn't a complete player and worth all that much when he's not scoring, but them the shakes.
The thing is, Lupul is entirely capable of affecting the game in other ways, but for whatever reason, he only plays when he feels like it. Hartnell went through like a 25 game scoring drought to start the season last year. However, he still hit everything that moved and helped in ways other than scoring, and the offense eventually came. The same can't be said for Lupul. I'd rather have Pitkanen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
that being said I don't see why we move him now. There really isn't much this team needs at the moment that Lupul could reasonably get us. After the season for a great goaltending prospect and some draft picks maybe.
It's doubtful they'd be looking top pairing dmen or first line forwards for him, so they should be able to use Lupul to fill some needs. I think Lupul easily gets them a physical third line forward and maybe that elusive goaltending prospect we've been crying for, maybe more.

Last edited by blah: 11-25-2008 at 01:12 AM.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote