View Single Post
Old
11-25-2008, 03:24 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Calder Cup Phantoms

Maybe I should be a little ashamed of it, but I only looked up today what the 04-05 Phantoms really looked like, and I am really wondering how much talent the team actually had on their hands.
I looked a bit into what we got in return for all that. Here's what I found:

Mike Richards - Now our captain
Jeff Carter - Now our best goal-scorer
Antero Niittymäki - Current backup goalie
Randy Jones - Still playing for the Flyers, third pairing D-man, currently on IR
Riley Cote - Still playing for The Flyers, 4th line left wing, enforcer and fighter
R.J. Umberger - Unresignable due to salary cap, traded in 2008 to Columbus for Colorado's 1st round draft pick, 19th Overall. Turned into Luca Sbisa
Ben Eager - Traded to Chicago in December 07 for Jim Vandermeer
Joni Pitkanen - Traded on July 1st 07 with Geoff Sanderson and a third round draft choice in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Jason Smith and Joffrey Lupul.
Dennis Seidenberg - was sent to the Phoenix Coyotes On January 20, 2006 for Petr Nedved
Jon Sim - Traded in 05-06 to Florida Panthers for 6th round pick in 2007 (Patrick Maroon)
Patrick Sharp - traded to Chicago, along with Eric Meloche, on December 5, 2005 for Matt Ellison.
Todd Fedoruk - Touring the league since 05-06 (5 teams in 4 years). Originally traded to Anaheim for 2005 second round draft pick (which turned into Pierre-Olivier Pelletier), reaquired by the Flyers in November 06 for a 4th round draft pick. Left to Dallas as a free agent.
Wade Skolney - wound up in the german DEL.
Ryan Ready - signed with the Iserlohn Roosters of the DEL in September 06
Freddy Meyer - Was traded in December 06 alongside a conditional draft pick to the Islanders for Alexei Zhitnik. The Flyers later turned Zhitnik into Braydon Coburn.
Boyd Kane - Still playing for the Phantoms
Josh Gratton - Still playing for the Phantoms, sometimes call-up

Yes, we got most of the cream of the crop, for which I am thankful, but counting everything up, I think we got very little in return for what we let slip through our fingers. I think this would make a decent NHL team right there.

I really like Brière but just imagine the dominance of the Flyers down the middle for years to come with Cannon, Carter, Sharpie. The Pitkanen trade was a success, the Umberger trade probably too, but necessity and Sim trade turning into Maroon seems also decent, but I think this could have gotten us more.

Last edited by chaosof99*: 11-26-2008 at 02:08 AM.
chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote