View Single Post
Old
11-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
Third Period
What a strange period this one turned out to be. Another four powerplays, and some wierd play by the Flames. They would be really on and then really off. On the whole it was a good period, but really the Flames should have been much more focused even with a 4 goal lead. There is never ever any reason to let up on the gas, and the Flames did exactly that at times. And were burned twice because of it.
The powerplay unit again had a large amout of work, and again they managed to capitalize on only one of their chances. After they allow a shorthanded goal at that. They did redeem themselves immediately, as Lombardi made a gorgeous pass to get Moss a goal. I also look at Bertuzzi as a large part of the problem here. He was lazy and floating and making very very ill advised passes. Seriously, stop with the no look backpass until you’ve gotten your team used to it, cause you, Mr Bertuzzi are causing all sorts of headaches with that.
The game was never in doubt as of the halfway point of the third, and as a result it seemed the Flames stopped playing with any form of urgency. And of course they allow a goal in the last minute as a direct result of it. I cannot stress enough a FULL SIXTY MINUTE EFFORT!! No exceptions.

Overall Impressions
A good game for the Flames. A dominant win, and an important one. This will give the Flames a much needed ego boost going forward. The confidence you gain from a game where you score at will, is not something to be taken lightly. I also should expexct that to carry forward to the next few games.
I was so very very impressed with the work of Lombardi and Glencross tonight. They both skated like demons, made great plays and forced the Kings back on the heels more than a few times. Glencross was exception tonight, and I expect so much more of him now, as he’s just shown us how capable he actually is.

Three Stars By Me
1. Curtis Glencross
2. Craig Conroy
3. Matthew Lombardi
HM goes to Iggy. He worked his buttocks off tonight, but was edged out by Lombo’s superior effort.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote