View Single Post
Old
11-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Totally Radivojevic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Have you actually WATCHED Carle play???

He rarely "hurts" the team with bad choices he makes. Coburn makes more bad decisions than Carle and Sbisa is the king of them right now. If Sbisa hadn't been paired with either Timonen or Carle for most of the past 10 or so games we'd all want the be lynching him because of his bad choices. It's only been because both Timonen and Carle read when he's about to do something stupid and move to cover for him that we survive his blunders. Carle has shown that he reads a play better than Coburn right now. He makes smart safe plays with the puck. If you want to question him being worthy of a 3.4 mil contract with him not scoring right now that's one thing but to deny that he's been the 2nd best dman on our team this year shows either a bias for other player or against Carle or a lack of understanding of the game. I'm not saying any of this because Carle is one of my favorite players or anything (actually, I really don't care one way or the other, he doesn't really excite me or turn me off) but I DO give credit where credit is due. Right now he's the best option for the team as our 2nd best dman (and the ONLY one who can handle the 2nd pairing). Unless we could get someone else in who is either cheaper and just as good or better and at the same price, I'm happy to have him. He DEFINITELY makes our team better.
I've said he's been decent, and I'm sticking to that. I think a top 4 of Timonen/Sbisa Coburn/Vannanen isn't much of a difference. My feelings on the trade are based partially on my belief that Parent will develop into a top 4 d-man. Carle has been pretty sound, but has had a few bad turnovers that stick out. He hasn't really produced offensively either. I actually agree Coburn hasn't been as good as I've expected, but hey, he's a +5 and Timonen is a -2. I know it's not a tell all stat (Andrew Alberts tied for team lead among defensemen with Coburn), but it's worth something. I think Sbisa is getting examined so closely, that every mistake is magnified.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote