View Single Post
Old
11-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I question the ranking of guys traded here, The Big M for one, or guys that became stars after they left, like Langway. Arguing #'s 76 and 91 is nitpicking but if Claude Larose was kidnapped, his team would've been fine. Terry Harper was much more valuable. Never a fan favourite as he was as awkward a player as has ever donned the uniform but highy underated. If you asked Bobby Hull about playing Mtl, he'd complain about Harper and Provost on his side of the ice. Larose ? He was just there.
Whoa. Larose had incredibly strong jaw and neck muscles. I put it to you, sir, that he was the best gum chewer in the history of the Habs and definitely the league leader when he played for us. I'm pretty sure he used 0-0 gauge gum, too, the hardest there is, and he doubled up nearly all the time. And unlike a wuss like Harper, he didn't need a helper to start his gum for him, he did it all on his own. Harper was booed mercilessly at the Forum for chewing soft gum and fans never forgave for the time he chewed a caramel.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote