View Single Post
Old
11-26-2008, 08:03 PM
superstar436

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
Plekanec, Sergei and Andrei for Horton and Bouwmeester. (throw in picks either way to equilibrate).

Horton - 6 years @ 4 million/year
Bouwmeester - 1 year @ 4,875,000

We get size and skill in the middle and a franchise defenseman, we call up Chipchura and D'Agostini to fill in the gaps. We also get an instant leadership boost.

The only problem would be Bouwmeester's contract ending next year. The habs could negociate re-signing him for a similar price for the coming years.

note: I don't necessarily want to get rid of these specific players, don't start a flame war. I know alot of people will think I'm crazy, but I think this moves adresses the core problems of leadership and defense.

Thoughts?
florida main objectif this year is to reduce the salary cap for this year and next. They want good young players that do not cost much. They are looking for someone who has pleks or higgins contract ( 1.8 per year) and signed for 1-2 years and that can play on the top 6 . I don't see anyone on the habs that fits the description. To me Sergei is not a main player I want to get for Horton or bouwmeester. If pleks and higgins had 1 more year under the current financial terms it would have been a done deal for them

If I am MTL I would do it in a heartbeat, but salary cap

Last edited by superstar436: 11-26-2008 at 08:11 PM.
superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote