Thread: how to dangle
View Single Post
11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
vCash: 500
Like the first guy said, watch the D-man's skating pattern. It helps a lot to be able to anticipate when to make your move.

Since I'm a Habs fan I call this the "Tomas Plekanec" I use it a fair bit. I come in off the right side normally, I'm a left hand shot and I normally play RW or Center. If I'm 1-1 on a guy I'll just stick handle freely for a bit and pull a toe drag. I pull an early toe drag though, so I'm not to close to him and he won't be able to pick the puck off my stick.

At that point I have one hand on my stick (the right hand) the stick is at a 90 degree angle to my body, basically straight out and I fake like I'm going to beat him with speed. I'm not slow by any means so half the time that option is a good one, but when it is not the D-man will force you off to the boards. That is when you try to get by him with one hand on your stick, make sure the puck is behind is body and with one hand you flick the puck behind him to the opposite side. Then you just pull your stick out from behind him and when your going for the puck on the other side when he is turning to keep up, protect the puck by putting your body into him and 90% of the time you have effectively gotten by the D-man.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote