View Single Post
Old
07-15-2004, 10:18 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
I like the fact that it was actually done and not just lip service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
How do u guys think sather is doing on the rebuilding? Pls dont look back in the past and say i hate sather so i will bash him on everything. I want you guys to look back no further of this march.

Lets go over the past few months.
-Rangers get balej and 2nd round pick (Graham) for kovy. (WOW)
-Ranger pick up a pretty big load of prospects from trading there underachieving players. (Leach trade sure did benefit us) (Awsome)
- Rangers hadan unbelievable draft. They pick up an awsome goalie in montoya and one of the best finish forwards Korpikoski, in the draft. Also picking up a big steal in the 2nd round (Graham). Good job by the scouting staff.
-The new preseason schedule. Now that might not be much, but i think it was a great idea to put these kids on the road. I could really help the kids to get to know each other. alsd its a dramatic improvement from last years schedule.
-New assistant coaches: Peam and Allaire. Rangers decided to improve wat they been lacking most. Our special teams should definately get a big boost with Peam. As for allarie. Its about time! Rangers didn't even have a goalie coach b4 this. And to pick one as good as he is just gives me a feeling that our goalies are gonna strive.

overall i am very much impressed with the rangers performance of this rebuilding.

But before I go gaga over Balej, he's going to have to produce on the NHL level for me to say that we got a good return on this player.

Same goes for Korpikoski, he along with Kondratiev and Immonen. One of these guys will have to be an above average NHL'er and another has to be a servicable NHl'er for me to say that this was a good deal as well.

So far what we have is potential, potential to be good players, but the same potential to be busts and until they establish one or the other I will keep an even keel on things.