Thread: Matt Carle
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2008, 02:42 PM
smacklby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
If it's just to get rid of Jones contract, then I agree, but despite the improved play I'd still take Randy over Alberts.

Carle has been very good in both zones. He's not a defensive defenseman and it shows, but he's a new-NHL type player who can make great outlet passes and can carry the puck, and can also jump up in the play very smoothly. Because of his defensive liabilities he won't be a top pair guy just yet, but I could see that changing in the future.

I know a lot of people were high on Downie, but personally I think we robbed another team of another young stud defenseman.
there are several reason why i like Alberts over Jones:
1: size, and physical presence in the d-zone
2: he is equally able to transition the puck from defense to offense, although Jones is probably the better skater and a little bit more agile.
3: he is, overall, a better defensive defenseman than Jones.
4: Timonen, Carle, Coburn and Sbisa are all very good puck moving, skating-style defenseman with offensive savy; Vanannen and Alberts are steady defenders with good size, and given the current core of defenseman, equally effective at moving the puck from offense to defense; they are also able to chip in some offensively, although their offensive skills aren't as developed as those other guys; but that does not mean they arent able to improve in those offensive areas of their game....

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote