View Single Post
Old
07-16-2004, 01:58 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
we would be extraordinarily lucky if even half of pushkaryov, cammalleri, tukonen, kanko, karlsson, hogeboom, petoit, grebeshkov turn into regular nhl players, nevermind steckel (not even in the organization anymore, right?), boyle, baier, clarke, murray, guerin, et al. i undertand that you're being optimistic, and i certainly think some of these kids will be very good players someday. however, keep in mind the success rate for prospects. remember a few years ago when we had our big four 20 year-olds: frolov, cammalleri, lehoux, aulin? two years later, and i'm not saying that anyone is a bust, but how many have managed to earn a full-time nhl job? one, and that's probably pretty indicative of what you can expect from top-end prospects. so don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

as for signing conroy, i think it was an excellent move. he's the kind of player that andy murray loves (hard-working two-way), and has playoff leadership experience in addition to being an effective player that would help make any team better. he may not be that sacred NUMBER ONE CENTER that everyone gobs over, but he's a good player and he makes the team better.