View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 02:50 AM
Metallian*

vCash: 500
props to Kedr

Quote:
http://www.metallurg.ru/news/42243/

Sport-Express interviewed all KHL clubs asking about their problems because of financial crisis.

Big problems:
Metallurg Novokuznetsk (the only team who refused to speak with Sport-Express. From other sources: players just received their money for September. Rumors that base sponsor Evraz Group rejected financing MNk and there even possibility that the team will not play in KHL after the New Year)

Problems:
HC MVD (CEO: "I can say frankly: the crisis greatly touched our team. We have delays in paying our players. Luckily our sponsor VTB bank accomplishes all their obligations and I hope it can help us"); Khimik Voskresensk (team has debts in paying players, CEO: "we are struggling, I hope we'll come out"); Vityaz Chekhov (CEO: "The crisis forced us to revise many questions. Situation is not easy. We have the main task now - to save the team and accomplish our obligations to players and staff."); Metallurg Magnitogorsk (Magnitogorsk Steel Factory, MMK, like all other steel companies in the world, suffers greatly from the crisis. Team CEO: "players receive their money fully and without delays but other staff is cut in salaries for about 30%")

Little problems:
Atlant Mytischi (team has short delays in receiving financing from sponsors; begins saving money); Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (president: "We have no delays in paying salaries but it's not easy for us. We wrote a letter to KHL asking to prepare anticrisis procedure for the league"); CSKA Moscow (GM: "We feel no problems yet but our sponsors recommend us to save money"); Avangard Omsk (president: "All sponsors in Russia have some difficulties. I cannot predict the situation in our club. Right now we accomplish our obligations to players completely." From other sources: Roman Abramovich promises to support the team but only if Avangard will show positive results); Dinamo Riga (president: "We feel crisis as we are part of Latvian economics. Though no panics. Our partners fully acomplish their obligations. We are not happy how things in KHL do with TV, advertising rights etc, we have to discuss these problems with the league and develop strategy.")
this is the problem when you rely on corporate sponsorship to run a team. it needs to be viable in the first place, and now they are learning the hard way.

Last edited by Majik1987: 11-28-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Site Rule 5. Advertising
Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote