View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Cheap? OK. You realize that the Capitals will have their top 4 defense out all replaced by AHL players? I'll give you that Kovalev and Semin are a wash and Tanguay and Fedorov a wash. Even Komisarek and Green.

But for the Capitals it goes on signifantly. I doubt that Jurcina would dress with Montreal tonight. Then add 4 AHL players to Jurcina. I see that the Habs will dress some real NHL defensemen tonight. I understand Komisarek is a big deal. But you still have Hamrlik, Markov and Boullion for starters.

Lets see. Maybe you are right. Maybe OV will score 5. He has never had a hat trick in successive games, but I suppose its possible.
See, you rely on fame more then actual performance. Based on this season's performance, Tanguay is ahead of Kovalev (not only on points and offence but in general play) and, surprisingly, Gorges has earned a spot on the first/second pair deing maybe the most improved player of the team (Komisarek was not his usual self either).

Anyway - the discussion is moot. The absence of a key player will sometimes stimulate players to take new roles or generally play better (see Malkin last season) but it can also have the reverse effect. It all comes down to the 60 minutes effort both teams will put out.

What I can say is that, the Caps are not particularly hated here - a defeat from the Caps will hurt our morale less then from, say, the Bruins, the Leafs or the Flyers.

Good luck - I could live with a defeat if I see a Great Ovie Show.