Thread: how to dangle
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
This might actually be a good video to study:

Look specifically at the game of keepaway. Datsyuk always manages to find a holes to put the puck through, and he almost always goes in the opposite direction of the opponent's momentum. That does make sense, as the defender has to expend some effort in changing direction, which gives Datsyuk the time to fully execute the move.
So what did you learn from this video? Yes the man has great stick handling moves. That's why I picked him to show you in the first video. I love that fake to the left side of the goalie, then toe drag to the right side.

However, if you notice in this video, that he was going through the legs a lot. But, when the other guy got him up against the boards and played the body, his fancy stuff got shut down.

Maybe this is a lession for defensemen to watch. "Don't worry about the fancy stickhandling from the guy in front of you, play the body to isolate all that stuff."

In the second video, you see him deke the pants off a guy behind the net. He shifts one way they goes the other. Let me ask this. Would he be able to shift from side to side if the defensemen was playing the body? Maybe! But it would have been a little harder for him to control the puck with a defensemen riding his back.

Plus, it looks like his stick is about three inches too long. Look at the last video when it starts off. Check the stick length. Does it look high? Yes I know stick length is a personal preference, but they (the committee) says that while you are on skates, the end of the stick goes to the chin and while you are in shoes, the end of the stick goes to your nose.

Well, it looks like that extra three inches gives him more room to play with. What do you guys think?

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote