View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 10:26 AM
TrueHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
You want evidence? Iginla, Thorton, Leclaire (the list is long, want more?)...

His age IS a factor, why would I ignore it? It takes TIME. You know what time is?

His straight line speed is ok. He didn't improve it much from last year. But his lateral movement, although still deficient, where improved from last year. He needs time. As of now, he can be an effective player when on a line that helps his deficiencies. He was effective on the first line. He can be effective in front of the net during PP. Sorry, but he is NHL material, but not a good 2 way player and very dependant on line mates.

You have to be kidding me. He is nowhere near the talent of the guys you mentioned. He is dependant on line mates that do not need him to play their game. NHL material, I would rather have Pierre Dagenais on my team. At least he might score a shootout goal for us. Dagenais had more Goals per Game than Latendresse, yet Dagenais wasn't a fan favorite in Montreal. Truth being, i cannot wait for Guillaumes contract to expire. Because he will either a) not be re-signed or b) traded before his contract comes up. (if someone would take a chance on him). You read it here first. He was Carbo's little pet project that never panned out, and unfortunately we have to deal with him for the whole year.

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote