Thread: Mark Streit
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean004 View Post
That is kind of ridiculous point to make seeing that we'll be paying between 3$ and 4$ million per year for a top 4 defencemen that everybody here seems to claim we need. While I don't disagree, I think we could and should have signed Streit...plus he said he never got an offer from Gainey, that he would of signed for a lot less than what the Isles offered him, seeing as he was kind of shocked that the Isles made him such an offer....he wasn't even thinking he could of gotten that much on the market. So in my books, I think Gainey could of signed him for probably between 1.5$ and 2.5$ million, and at that price, I sign Streit any day.

We'd be a better club with Streit in our lineup, I dont think any one can disagree on that.

Lets not forget that Streit is what....31-32? The habs were the first team to give him a chance in the NHL and he appreciated that very much, hence why he probably would have signed any reasonableoffer we gave him.

If Streit was indeed willing to accept 1.5-2.5 million for 2 years then I think he would have surely been worth it. I used to have "Streit Top 4 For Sure" as my sig and always felt he was a very very valuable player. He was our veritable swiss army knife! But I don't feel that Streit was worth what the Isle paid for him and am glad Gainey didn't try to match any offer like that.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote