View Single Post
Old
11-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Etienne

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who noticed who's behind the Habs in the votes?

Andrei Markov 391,563
Mike Komisarek 352,077
Zdeno Chara 168,908
Sergei Gonchar 149,314

Carey Price 381,412
Marc-André Fleury 165,538

Zdeno Chara is having a subpar start of the season, by his standard. 4G, 5A and -1 in the plus/minus. Markov, Streit, Green, Kuba and a few others (even Rangers fans's whipping boy Rozsival) are having a better season offensively with teams who aren't as hot as the Bruins ('cause only offense counts in the ASG, right?)

Sergei Gonchar has yet to play a single game this season. Optimistic reports say he'll be back by the end of February or early March. He won't even be able to skate by the time the ASG starts. He's followed by Mike Green (who should be there) and Ryan Whitney, another Pens who has yet to play a game this season and would have as much right to be there as Komisarek even if he wasn't injured.

Marc-André Fleury, after taking his team to the SCF, is struggling with a .907 SAV% (tied for 26th in the NHL) and 2.88 GAA (27th).

Habs fans are taking the heat for stuffing the votes. I'm not defending that and I don't really like it. I'm a hockey fan before being a Habs fan, and I'd like to see the best players in the NHL at the All-Stars. However, I'm getting a little sick of the double standard. For some reason, people are blind to the fact that every fanbases are doing the exact same thing, but they're mad Habs fans are either more numerous or determined.

So, my point is, if we'll have people who don't deserve to be starters anyways, I'd rather have the 6 Habs for the 100th at the Bell Center. I'll be curious to see how 6 very good players guys playing together for months (or years if you don't count Tanguay) will do against the best of the West who only have a few hours to get their game together (that's supposing Wings fans don't push Hossa, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom as starters, which is the case right now).

Last edited by Etienne: 11-28-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote