View Single Post
Old
07-16-2004, 07:24 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
the ny post in today's article about montoya mentioned that sylvain lefebvre might want the job:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/18028.htm

The Rangers and head coach Tom Renney announced the addition of both Allaire and long-time Ottawa assistant Perry Pearn to the staff. With one likely hire remaining of, more likely than not, a recently retired player these in essence are the replacements for Sam St. Laurent (more a consultant than a goaltending coach), Terry O'Reilly and Ted Green.

The Rangers have spoken with Adam Graves about a position on the staff but the New York icon, who had also been approached by MSG to replace Brian Mullen as radio commentator, told Sather that he will remain in Toronto, where his family is set to move into a new house.

Graves, who rejected an offer from Ottawa to join Bryan Murray's coaching staff, is pursuing a television job after a successful run during the playoffs. Sylvain Lefebvre has expressed interest in the assistant's job. Nick Fotiu will remain in Hartford as Ryan McGill's assistant.

1. if the part from brooks about the future hiring being a "recently retired player" is true, that would rule out green *prays*

2. i would have been cool to have graves back in any role be it in broadcasting or on the team but family does come first and he did do a good job from what little i saw of highlight clips on tsn. good luck adam indeed

3. does anyone out there think lefebvre would help our team defense/d-man at all...or at the very least would he communicate well with our players (especially the vets)?