View Single Post
Old
11-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Haywood*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Lucic would'nt act the way he act 15-20 years ago simple is that.
Lucic, 6'4 220 tough guy going at smaller, non-figther guy (except Ivanans) and winning most of is fight and acting like an idiot after, but still refusing to go with the big boys.

Lucic might go with Laraque, in Boston, after Laraque went with Thornton, Chara and with Laraque being at the end of a shift.
I'd like to dispel all of these conversations about him "going after" smaller players because it is simply ridiculous. This is all from hockeyfights.com, so I'll try to cite everything:

Of the fights Lucic has been in (including this year) these are the fights against opponents of equal or greater size:
Raitis Ivanans (6'4" 250)
Mark Bell (6'4" 225)
John Erskine (6'4" 233)
Wade Brookbank (6'4" 235)
Mike Komisarek (6'5" 225)

Let's set this aside because they aren't my point. What I want to focus on is the fact that you said he "goes after" smaller non-fighters, and my contention is that you couldn't be more wrong.

Brad Winchester
Jared Boll
Nick Tarnasky
Ben Eager
Mark Bell
David Clarkson
Barret Jackman
Tim Gleason
Jarkko Ruutu
Matt Bradley

If you want to consider them smaller non-fighters then you're crazy. Of these fights, after watching all the video, he was pursued by 9 of the 13 fighters from last year (the rest were mutual acceptances after a hit) and 2 of the 3 from this year (excluding Komi because I know you guys are still sensitive about that one) were the same. Of all of his fights, and you can check the video, the only one he shows any emotion after is the Komisarek fight. Reason obviously being that the build up was huge, and it was a high emotion fight. The same will be for the Laraque fight, and it will happen. Until then, Lucic is a first liner that is aggressive and big. If you want to keep complaining that he's cheap and a puss then you can, but you're only showing your own idiocy.

Haywood* is offline   Reply With Quote