View Single Post
Old
11-29-2008, 07:37 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
ok dude. Like I said, he's not a weak link, hes a phenomenal goaltender. Technically perfect and the reason we will be a playoff team for 10+ yrs assuming he doesn't get hurt. But I haven't seen anything to suggest he can elevate his game the way the greats have. Lundqvist is 1-3 in playoff OT's. He doesn't shut the door late in games and seems to play the same in any situation. He's a very good goaltender but if you want to win a cup you need a goaltender who can stand on their head when you need them to. Richter was that guy. I'm not convinced Lundqvist is. And go ahead and read my posts. You'll see me begging Sather to trade Prucha 3 yrs ago bc his value could only go down. You'll see me rip Pern and Renney 2 yrs ago for a powerplay that can't be successful. You'll see me talk about why Gomez and Reddens contracts will create a serious cap problem. I seem to have a knack for making unpopular statements on this board that ultimately hold true. I know the game...
LOL... 2005 Swedish Championship finals. Game 1, Henrik gives up 3 goals and Frölunda lose the game 2-4 after an empty netter. Team infront of him looked shaky and unprepared, other team was on an adrenaline rush. The remaining 4 games Henrik only lets in 1 single goal, which was on a penalty shot which should never have been called (broken stick which accidentally hit the puck when the play dropped it at the blue line...). He put his team on his back and carried them single handily to a championship, it was the most ridiculous performance I have ever seen by a goaltender, stopping 116 shots in 4 games, only allowing one goal during a best of seven championship series.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote