View Single Post
Old
11-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
First off I would like again to congratulate the Stampeders on Being the Grey Cup Champions for 2008. Henry Burris, Yeah buddy, that's what we all wanna see!!

This period was the definition of Flames hockey. Excellent defense, solid forecheck, and solid hitting. There was excellent work down low, and on the boards, and the Flames were winning a good percentage of those battles. All in all I would call that a very defensive, with opportunistic offensive play.

The penalty kill. Our greatest source of offense it seemed. When the puck was in the Flames zone, the PK unit played to perfection. Smart active sticks, good blocking, and great pressure on the puck to force the puck out of the zone. And what a forecheck!! They say the best place to kill a penalty is in the opposing zone, and the Flames certainly proved that. The Powerplay, well they haven't gotten set up quickly, and seem to be busy chasing the puck too much. The passing also hasn't been crisp tape to tape passes either.

The first line is creating chance after chance. I absolutely adore the Iggy Cammy combo. Those two are playing on another level. Such great passes and position on those two. Good to finally see. I also am loving the play of our fourth line. They are bringing the fight to Vancouver in a solid way. It's so exciting to be able to extol all the lines on the Flames isn't it? And Miikka. He was solid and steady that whole period.