View Single Post
Old
12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carterfor60 View Post
We need to keep in mind that Carle isn't a finished product. He's in his 3rd Season. He's still developing as a player. He has a high level of skill, talent, and hockey sense. And is an immense upgrade over Eminger. He still needs to be polished. And hopefully that will happen. he has already made a huge improvement on the Flyers puck moving and puck possession game. That's what the NHL is all about these days. He holds his own defensively. We shouldn't be expecting him to be perfect or mistake free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Carle will be more effective at even strength( kind of like Jay-Bo). I think rushing the puck and stretch passes out of his zone are his plus assets. D-men on average take about 2 yrs more to develop IMO. Goalies, usually the longest.
In the long run I agree that Carle is most likely an upgrade to Eminger and am fine with the trade (not fine with how Downie was handled however).

I havent watched any Tampa games, but I think it is worth pointing out that Eminger has 8 points in 11 games with them so far and is an even +/-, it appears on paper at least that he is playing very well for them and is getting an average of 19 minutes a night. I dont think he was given much of a chance to do anything here.

For the moment at least, it appears he is playing better for them than Carle is for us, at least offensively.

My only issue is I question whether this coaching staff has the ability to give him that polish he needs.....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote