View Single Post
Old
12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
First, for the leclair comparison, can somebody tell me one area of the game (aside from speaking french) that Latendresse is better than leclair was at the time?

And second, my problem with latendresse is his lack of desire, combined with his lack of willing to do what the coach wants him to do. The first time that it struck me it was at the WJC. He was giving the golden opportunity. He was on the first line, in front of the net for the First PP unit and the coach was seeing him as THE player to put the puck in the net.

We all know that all the WJC canadian teams, play a similar style. That combines speed, with grit and toughness. Every player that made the team in the past years and had success knew the team had to pass before the player. Lantendresse, arrived there with the idea of leading the tourney in scoring by playing the same soft style he played in the Q. The way he played, was: I am sure to stay on the first line, cause I am one of the best 4-5 players in the Q and I score a lot of goals for Drumondville. We all know what happened after that, A player giving 2 shifts in nthe first game realized the only thing the coach wanted to see, was a player crashing the net and plyaying a tough game. That was the end of Latendresse's tournament.

My parallel, He came to the Habs with the same attitude. The worst that could happen, was for him to have success at the camp. It boosted his ego and he wants to play the same way he was playing in the Q when he was the best player on the ice almost every time. When you get to the NHL, you have to change your style, cause you'll almost never be the best player on the ice.

It may look like a rant, but it is not. I'm just pissed that everytime I open the radio or the newspaper I see someone saying he wasn't giving a decent shot... He had plenty of chances of playing on top lines, he just never showed the desire or work ethics to earn himself a full time job on a decent line.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote