View Single Post
Old
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I do like the idea of adding grit to our line-up in Horton. We have too many players in the same mold, dipsy-doodle type players. Jacques Martin has been quoted last month saying that he's looking for a centerman. It's a huge challenge to make it work for Montreal cap-wise though so here's what I'd present:

To Florida:
  • Alex Kovalev $4.5M (UFA)
  • Tomas Plekanec $1.6M (RFA)
  • Mathieu Dandenault $1.725M (UFA) or Steve Begin $1.057M (UFA)
  • Ryan O'Byrne, Mathieu Carle or Yannick Weber
  • 1st round pick

To Montreal:
  • Nathan Horton $4.0M
  • Jay Bouwmeester $4.875M (UFA)

And guess what? It works cap-wise!

I know that some will see Bouwmeester as a rental but I do believe in our chances of re-signing him if he has a chance to play here first. I think that we could keep both him and Komo for next year, and we wouldn't have to worry about Kovy's status.

Now why would Florida take on Kovy and Dandenault (or Begin), two UFA's? Because they're still in the playoffs picture and making the playoffs represents a lot of money for the owners, likely the difference between losing money or breaking even. Kovy is a big name and could bring in some excitement in Miami. Also, they'd need to take on some salary in order to get the quality young players they're seeking.

What about our line-up?

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
A.Kostitsyn - Horton - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - S. Kostitsyn
Begin (or Dandenault)/Lapierre/Kostopoulos/Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Bouwmeester
Bouillon - Gorges
Brisebois

If you're read this entire post, now bash away!
Horton should'nt play at center, he is worst than Lang on the face-offs. Unless he improves dramaticaly.

Montreal might also need a face-offs ccoach added to the defensemen coach
Yanik Perrault?!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote