View Single Post
Old
12-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Kalcon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The whole "local" thing is ********. If they were that concerned with locals they'd draft more than one a year(none last year).
I've tried to look at this whole Latendresse situation from every possible angle and the only logical conclusion that I come to is that he receives special treatment because he is from Quebec. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to se this guy develop into the player that some in here think he's going to be but in all honesty I just don't think that he possesses the skillset and the characteristics to do so.
He hasn't shown any of the special attributes that solidifies him as the power forward that many in the French media have annoited him as. He has been given ample opportunities to prove his worth but has dissappointed each time.
He receives a repreive from the french media and fans who sing his praises and keep telling everyone to remain patient and let him develop but in the same voice they want to run Sergei Kostitsyn out of town. It's this double standard attitude that adds fuel to the fire.

Kalcon is offline   Reply With Quote